IEEE Board of Directors, Director Division V; 2014-15
IEEE Board of Directors, Director Division XIII; 2011-2012
IEEE USA, Board Member 2013, 2016
- IEEE Roles and Responsibilities Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2015
- IEEE 2030 Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2015, 2016
- IEEE Awards Board, Nominations and Appointments Committee, Member 2013-2015
- IEEE Awards Board, 2016
- IEEE Women in Engineering Committee, 2008; 2010-2012
- IEEE TAB Representative, 2010-2012
- IEEE Ethics and Member Conduct Committee (EMCC); Member, 2010, 2016
- IEEE Infrastructure Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2014
- IEEE Internet Governance Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2014
IEEE Technical Activities Board (TAB)
- Strategic Planning Committee, Member 2015-2016
- Finance Committee, Member 2013-2014
- Technical Management Committee, Member 2012-2014
- Society Review Committee, Member 2012-2014
- Ethics and Conflict Resolution Committee, Chair 2010
- Ethics and Conflict Resolution Committee, Member 2008 – 2011
- TAB Industrial Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2012
- TAB Structure Ad Hoc Committee, Member 2011
Region 3 Awards Chair, 2016
Land, S.K: The IEEE and the IEEE Computer Society; University of North Carolina Computer Society Chapter Talk. October 2014.
Land, S.K.; Software Standards – Providing Support for Today’s Software Crisis; IEEE,IEEE Computer Society, GOLD, and WIE New York City Chapters; Dec 2009.
Land, S.K.; Best Practices for Video Gaming Development: A Case Study from America’s Army. Kentucky State University Chapter Talk. November 2012. USA.
Land, S.K.; The IEEE and the IEEE Computer Society; Atlanta Computer Society Chapter Talk. September 2012. USA.
- IEEE Computer Society (CS) President 2009.
- IEEE CS 1st Vice President, 2007 – 2008.
- IEEE CS Vice President of Conferences and Tutorials, 2007 – 2008.
- IEEE CS 2nd Vice President, 2006 -2007.
- IEEE CS Vice President of Standards Activities, 2004 – 2006.
- IEEE CS Board of Governors, elected 11/2004, 2005 – 2008.
- IEEE CS Software Engineering Portfolio Oversight Committee
- Member, 2005
- Chair, 2006
- Board of Editors, IEEE Software Engineering Online, 2003- 2006
- Member, IEEE CS Awards Committee, Technical Achievement Award subcommittee Chair, 2005 – 2007
- Member, IEEE CS Membership Committee, 2004 – 2006
- Member, IEEE CS Planning Committee, 2004 – present
- Member, IEEE CS Distance Learning Committee; 2004 – 2006
- IEEE CS CHC60 executive committee – Judge recruitment; 2005 – present.
- IEEE CS CSIDC executive committee- SET Judge recruitment; 6/2003-present
- Sensors Council AdCom, CS Liaison Member 2009-2013
- Publicity Chair for the International Software Engineering Standards Symposium (ISESS) ’99, ’01.
- IEEE Standards Association, member, 2000-present
- Chair, P1490 Standards Working Group, 2002-2004
- Appointment to the IEEE Computer Society Standards Activities Board (SAB); 2002-2008
- Elected Member IEEE CS Software and Systems Engineering Standards Management Board (S2ESC); 2001- 2005.
- IEEE CS Software and Systems Engineering Standards Executive Committee (S2ESC), 2001- 2008.
- IEEE SESC (Software Engineering Standards Committee) steering committee member for SES (Software Engineering Standards) conferences, ’97 – ’01
- Review Captain for IEEE Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK), 4/99, 4/00
- Subject Matter Expert review of Project Management Institute Software Extension to the PMBOK, Dec 2012.